June 3rd, 2015
Welcome to The Communication Process at Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists
At Atlantic Reproductive, we want to make communication as simple as possible. One of the ways that we do this is by giving you access to your medical records through your patient portal. By logging into your portal you may:
- View your test results
- Communicate directly with our care team about any questions or concerns
- View future appointments
- Request changes to your demographic information, etc.
Below are instructions for accessing your record. The front office staff will provide your username, as well as your partner’s, and assign temporary passwords that you each may change once you have successfully logged in for the first time. This allows only you and your partner, individually, access to the private information. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Our normal business hours are:
- Monday-Thursday 7:30-4pm
- Friday 7:30-3pm
Navigating our Phone Tree
- To schedule an appointment, press one (1).
- To speak to a nurse or for prescription refills, press two (2)
- To speak with the Andrology/ Embryology Lab, press three (3)
- For financial questions, press four (4)
- For office information, press five (5)
As a new patient, it is very important to your treatment plan that you, and your partner, complete the health questionnaires and demographic information contained in the Patient Portal.
To access the patient portal:
- Click on Patient Portal (Link is also at the top right of our website)
- Once the login appears, enter the username and password you were given then select login.
- After you have agreed, the next page is a basic demographics page. Complete all of the Demographic Information (click “next” at the end of each page to move forward)
- Changes are submitted to the administrative staff and will not reflect immediately.
- After completing the Demographic Information, click on “Questionnaire” on the Patient Appointments page
- Next click on “Patient Evaluation” and complete all of the questions regarding your medical history contained therein (click “next” at the end of each page to move forward)
- Click on “Profile” and complete all of the information, including your insurance information (click on the dark blue tabs for each section)
- All (should financial or insurance precede options?) options available to you are listed on the left side.
- Please be sure to complete the information for both partners via a separate “Log on” with a different User ID and Password for each.
- When finished, click on “Log off”
An important feature of e-IVF is the ability to communicate directly with your care team at times that are convenient for your work schedule via a secure, electronic mail system within our electronic medical record. This is primarily a way for you to communicate with our very knowledgeable nursing staff.
- On the “Patient Appointments” page within e-IVF, click on “Messages”
- Then click on “New Message”
- Type in the “Subject” and the “Message” areas
- Then click “Send message”
When returning to the site to view replies, enter the “Messages” section as outlined above and then click “In box” to view replies.
On business days
- e-IVF email messages sent to your care team before 3 pm will be answered the same day.
- After 3 pm, your care team’s e-IVF responses will be sent the next business day.
After hours, on weekends or on holidays
- Non-urgent e-IVF email messages will be responded to on the next business day.
- Urgent issues can be handled two ways.
- If an issue on the weekend needs a response within 24 hours, put “URGENT” in the subject line.
- If an issue needs immediate attention after 3 pm on business days or during a weekend or holiday DO NOT use electronic communication. Call 919-248-8777.
Issues needing immediate attention
- If you have called after our normal business hours, you will be given an option to leave a message for the physician on call, which will be either Dr. Walmer or Dr. Copland
DISCLAIMER ON EMERGENCY OR URGENT MEDICAL CONDITIONS
DO NOT USE ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION (including e-IVF communication or web based e-mail) FOR MEDICAL EMERGENCIES OR URGENT MATTERS. IN AN EMERGENCY, CALL 911.
Welcome to Atlantic Reproductive Medicine Specialists. We are dedicated to building families together and are looking forward to working with you!